Thursday, August 27, 2009

Elwood's howling at the...

firetrucks! I'm sitting here, (mostly) working from home...and two fire trucks go blaring past the house. Then Elwood throws back his head and tries to howl along. It was HILARIOUS!! His howl is one of the deepest I've ever heard - it's almost eerie it's so low and odd.

What's most funny about it is how much it surprises Elwood himself. You see, this dog is virtually silent (physically, at least...see earlier post about me verbalizing his thoughts for him). I might hear an average of one bark PER MONTH. I promise you I am not exaggerating. So, as he was howling he jumped up and then laid down and looked at me, almost as if he needed permission to make so much sound! Ahhh...highlight of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?