Friday, September 25, 2009

Cardinals Vs. Rockies

The last weekend of baseball games - regular season, that is - in Denver is this weekend. AND the Rox are playing the Cards! AND we're going tonight!!

This is awesome for so many reasons.....the Cards are about to clinch (either by 1 win or by a Cubs loss), the Rockies are solid in the NL wildcard race, Matt Holliday should get a warm reception as he's back at Coors for the weekend and we get to see the fireworks after the game!

What's not quite so awesome (but still is, really)....there's a good chance the Cards and Rox will play each other in the other opening playoff series! What will I do???? I'll be happy either way, but I think I'll root a little harder for the Rockies. I know, I know - this is probably very shocking to those who know me. But the way I see it, the Cards have gone to the Series twice in the last decade and won it once. The Rox made it once but were swept. So I think it would be nice to see them have another shot and hopefully get at least one (if not four) WS win.

(Interesting sidebar: the Rox were swept by the Red Sox, just like the Cards were a few years earlier.)

Soooooo, let's go TEAM! Man, how will I sing in the stretch tonight???

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?