Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

It's September 11. Eight years ago our country was changed forever. While it was emotional - and still is - and devastating to all America, my family was not directly affected with the enormity of the loss.

For me, it was a life-defining moment. I was in my last semester of college and inhabited a world of immediate locality with only passing interest in politics, foreign relations and "war," and never dreamed that anything like that would happen. That was the first day I truly thought of myself as an American, even though that is regrettable to admit, especially since I came from a family that served (sorry, Dad, truly). That was the day I really began to care about where the country was headed and what we stood for, globally.

For me and the current and future administrations, I hope the lessons are never lost. And the memories are always honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?