Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Tannenbaum...

Yea! The Christmas season is upon us. I love Christmas - really, I do. I love as I get older I really appreciate what it means...faith, family, friends and LOVE.

I don't love the stress and gifting aspects so much; don't get me wrong, I love to give gifts (and receive them), but sometimes I think it just boggles the real meaning. I know, same old story...this is how everyone feels, but isn't it funny how we all feel the same every year?

Which brings me to my next point: I realized another reason why I love this season eariler today. It has a tendency to make people so much more friendly and warm! Strangers smile at you more on the street and are likely to speak to you! When you run into friendly "small talk" conversations, people ask about your plans and your loved ones instead of just the weather! And, my personal favorite, people sing - OUT LOUD - to Christmas carols and holiday songs playing in lobbies, malls and throughout city streets! And often it seems, once one person starts, at least a few more join in!

Why do these things only happen at the holidays? One of my Christmas wishes this year is that more people will choose a New Year's resolution that involves keeping these little parts of the holidays going strong all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?