Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Get It, I Get It...

Isn't it funny how sometimes you feel like a message....be it a song, the sermon in church, the brown bag presentation at work.....is aimed directly at you? Like a sign or something?

Well, that happened to me sometime last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago at this point - I can't keep up). I was cruising through the blogs on my Reader and came across "The Happiness Project" in a weekly article roundup. I had never heard of it, and vaguely thought, "Huh, that might be cool. I'll look at it later." While still reading through Reader, about 5 minutes and a handful of blogs later, it popped up again, this time referencing back to a different Happiness Project post. Now that's a little uncanny, but nothing crazy. But I did immediately go read the info page at http://www.happiness-project.com/. I enjoyed it and thought it might be a fun project.

Okay, then it just got WEIRD. Multiple blogs over the course of the next week mentioned this Happiness thing - and across different types (financial blogs, wedding planning blogs, lifestyle ones, random ones). And then I saw Gretchen Rubin giving an interview somewhere, a morning show I think.

OKAY. I GET IT. I will start my very own Happiness Project. I'm a little scared - I have a lot going on lately in work and life, and I don't want to start something and not follow through and then have it be, by default, my UNhappiness project. But it seems that SOMETHING is telling me to do one. So, here goes!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the nice mention of my blog, The Happiness Project, here! I very much appreciate those kind words and you shinning a spotlight on my work!! Thanks and best wishes,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since J's passing, I get "signs" all over the place. I truly believe they are "signs" from him because of some of the dreams I have had. Anyways, randomly driving and heard a song I've heard over and over before. However, never listened to the lyrics for what they were. "wherever you will go" by the calling.

    ReplyDelete

What do you say?